Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, September 12, 2008

Call Center in the Philippines


Recently, I had an occasion to use the help center in the Philippines. I was surprise of how helpful and knowledgeable the employees are. At first, I was not sure if my responder was a filipina, since she did not have a trace of accent. However, after 5 minutes of teaching me how to change my password to log in to my new bank account here in California, I realized I am talking to somebody in the Philippines. I was pretty sure she knows I am filipino, because I still have a slight accent even after living here in the States for more than 40 years. Sometimes, I still can not pronounce the difference of my "P" and my "F". Back to the subject, of help center, I have heard that it is one of the most glamorous jobs every college graduate is seeking, if they have no chance to go abroad. Is this true?

Incidentally, I have also experience getting help from call center in India. I guess both India and the Philippines are competing for out sourcing jobs from the US.

After helping me, I did do a little social talk and she confirms she is from the Philippines and she even gave me her name. Hurrah for the call centers in the Philippines!

1 comment:

slim whale said...

good thing she told you she's from the philippines. i heard some call centers do not allow that. they fake the accent and make it appear that they are erally in the states.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...