Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Roel Torres Travelogue to Marinduque, Holy Week, 2010


Morions in front of the Boac Cathedral-photo by Toby Jamilla
I found this three videos published in YouTube a few days ago, by Roel Torres, a Balikbayan from New York City on his recent trip to Marinduque last April during the Holy Week. This is a travel documentary on Marinduque and its Moriones Festival, from the television series "Balikbayan Trail". The material was originally created and produced for Lakbay TV and broadcast to 128 countries around the world. Written by members of the Psychic Pilgrim Media team.
Thank you Roel for sharing these three videos. It is an excellent documentation
of what life in Marinduque is during Holy week. Your documentation of the crowded Roro ferries and the pageantry of the Moriones Festival is realistic. I hope you come back to Marinduque soon and documents the other aspects of life in my island paradise. I really enjoy these three videos, I had to share it with my blog readers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...