Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, July 8, 2013

Philippines Identity Crises-Pilipinas to Filipinas


I was reading an article about the Philippines identity crises ( see below) just recently. I feel there is no need to change Pilipinas to Filipinas. The "P" letter sounds better than the "F" letter as in UP for the University of the Philippines. UF for University of Filipinas sounds to me like the four letter word that most of us are familiar with. Moreover, I like the sound of Pinoy instead of Finoy and Pinay instead of Finay. On the other hand, I like the sound of Filipino instead of Pilipino.

Along the same line, the word puck (goblin or elf) is a decent word, but not as funny and versatile than its corresponding word beginning with letter "f" as described in the following video.

Perhaps we could change Pride to Fride, Passion to Fassion and Patriotism to Fatriotism, if we do not care about our English spelling. On the other hand Freedom is correctly spelled and there is no way we can change it to Preedom unless you are from Pampanga. Lastly, Will you call President Aquino, FNoy instead of his popular short name PNoy?

My dear readers, what do you think? Is this a laughing matter or really important to the Filipino identity in the world? Or do you really care?

http://www.philstar.com/supreme/2013/07/06/962031/filipinas/pilipinas-national-identity-crisisP

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...