Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, February 3, 2014

Psychics and Palm Readers


I am not a true believer of psychic and palm readers. But two incidents in my life, made me realized that there may be some truth in this pseudo science-one was the psychic readings of my mother in the 1950's in the Philippines and the other was the psychic reading for my wife in the 1980s in Pinole, California, USA.

In the early 1950s when I was in college, my late mother consulted a local psychic and had her palm read. My mother at that time was concerned with the future of her seven children especially her oldest son—that's me. She was only 45 years old at that time, but was very curious of the future of her seven children. My mother at that time wanted me to be a priest or a doctor. To please her I enrolled as a pre-medical student at the University of the Philippines in Iloilo City.

However, one day after she consulted the local psychic my mother was very unhappy. The psychic informed her that not one of her seven children would either become a priest or a doctor of medicine, but all will have successful professions. In addition, the palm reader told her that a few of her children will live far away in other continents and she will be very happy with their accomplishments. My mother was not pleased to hear that a few of her children would not be residing near her in her old age.

A year later I changed my pre-medicine course to chemistry. A couple of years later, with the constant nagging of my mother, my younger brother entered seminary school for Catholic priesthood in the Diocese of Jaro, Iloilo. My mother was delighted that one of her dreams would now be fulfilled. However, one year before his ordination, my brother quit seminary school and got married. The psychic prophecy that a few of us will live in far away oceans and other continents became a reality when, in 1960, I emigrated to the US. Two years later, my younger brother emigrated to Australia. Then in 1970, my younger sister emigrated also to the US. This was followed just five years ago, when my other sister emigrated to Canada. The psychic prediction that all of us would have a profession was also realized.

I am not a believer of psychics and palmistry, but an incident in my married life in the early 1980s, made me believe that the pseudo science of palmistry may be true. There was a local psychic residing not too far from our residence in Pinole, California. This psychic was not well known, until a local newspaper published an article that this psychic was instrumental in helping the police locate the body of a murdered child in our area.

The appointment calendar of this psychic was so busy that my wife had to wait for six months to have a one hour consultation with her. My wife was curious of my future job in the pesticide business as well as our future here in the US. At that time, we were contemplating going back to the Philippines, since it is much cheaper to send our children to college there than in the US.

The psychic one hour session allows you to tape record her readings and to pose three questions for her to answer. She will also read the future of a love one if you bring her a picture. My wife brought my picture, because I did not want to go. I felt it was a waste of money, since the reading for one hour cost my wife $200 (big money at that time). After the session, my wife felt the $200 fee was worth it. The psychic advised her not to relocate to the Philippines. She said however, there was to be a big move in our future. The psychic also saw something happening and dark in my stomach area. There were several other things that the psychic mentioned.

All of the psychic prediction happened. Six months after the psychic reading, I had a gallstone operation. Three years after the reading we relocated to the East Coast, when I lost my job at Chevron Chemical Company in Richmond, California. Our decision to stay in the US was the best decision we have ever made in our life. Thanks to the psychic advice!

Do You have similar experiences about psychics predicting your future? Please Share!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...