Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, November 23, 2015

My Great, Great Grand Parents from My Father Side of the Family

My Father: Dr David Jamili Javellana K(C)atague, 1944. Photo as a Dental Officer during the Japanese-American War in the Philippines, 1941-1945

Last week I learned that my great, great grandparents on my Father's side of the family were Don Manuel Javellana and Dona Gertrudis Lopes prominent natives of Jaro, Iloilo, Philippines.

Their youngest daughter, Marcelina Javellana married Victoriano Catague ( my great grand parents).

Marcelina and Victoriano had 7 children. Their oldest son Roberto married Consolacion Goles Jamili.

Roberto and Consolacion had 3 boys. The second boy was named David and happened to be my Father.

For details. visit Nereo Lujian's blog at:

https://javellana.wordpress.com/genealogy/marcelina-javellana/

It so exciting to learn about my ancestry. On my mother's side of the Family, there is a FaceBook page named the Balleza Clan.

Adendum:My grandmother Consolacion Golez Jamili first husband was Roberto Catague, oldest son of Marcelina Javellana and Victoriano Catague. They have 3 boys, Guillermo, David(my dad) and Julio.THE THREE brothers changed the spelling of their last name from Catague to Katague when my dad was in elementary school. When Roberto died my grand ma married his younger brother, Ruperto, Consolacion and Ruberto had 7 or nine children. They resided in Binalbagan, Neg Occ. I had in one occasion visited them when I was in elementary school. I can not remember their names, but the youngest girl was named Adela, Adela married a Guillergan,and had a son named Roberto a major in the Philippine Army. They settled in Oton, Iloilo and had a stall in the public market. Macrine and I visited them in their stall in Oton in the mid 1970's.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...