Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post Election Comments from My Face Book Friends

Trump and Putin Portrait

Friend from the UK: America, what have you done? Donald in the Oval Office and Melania as First Lady. Wake me up when it's over.

Friend from Maryland: CRASH. RESET😳. Whitelash. Malelash. Classlash.

From a Fil-American Friend in New Jersey: It's not the end of the world. Americans are resilient people. We'll see kon sin-o mas buang. Duterte or Trump. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„. Watch out Philippines! Buang is an Ilonggo words for crazy.

I thought about that this morning. Right now, every time I read the phrase “President Trump,” I instinctively flinch and get frightened. But what really frightens me is the day that I get so used to the phrase “President Trump” that I don’t instinctively flinch.

I awoke to a sense of repressed fear, the morning air still, the light (the light that I knew) subdued. Like in the creepy fairy tales of our childhood, America has entered into a deep, ominously silent and nightmarish sleep from which I want to escape.

Terrified. Incredulous. Depressed. What country am I living in? Is this a nightmare?

“I don't imagine you will dispute the fact that at present the stupid people are in an absolutely overwhelming majority all the world over.”
― Henrik Ibsen

There is going to be a lot of people fired, and going to prison.

Goodbye, Social Security and Medicare. Welcome, Ivanka Trump Annuity and Health Insurance Company! Eric Trump Bread and Soup Kitchen Company! Donald Trump Jr. Funeral Homes!

Donald Trump’s victory will loom large over the UN climate talks underway in Marrakech this week.

The president elect has previously said he does not believe in climate change science, and has promised to pull the US out of the Paris climate change agreement, which came into force last Friday.

Last but not least: Take today to cry and grieve, because last night was an awful and terrible tragedy. And tomorrow, let's get back up and continue fighting, shouting, loving, caring and coming together because once upon a time the world was going to end but it didn't -from the FB page of a young relative, -C.A.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...