Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Spring Flowers and Hay Fever

Ice plant in full bloom in my Side Yard

Hay Fever is finally catching on to me. The last three weeks, almost all of the people I am in contact with are suffering from hay fever from mild to serious, including our two cleaning ladies, our next door neighbor and three weeks ago one of the nursing assistants that took care of Macrine. These are cause by pollens and dusts from flowering plants and shrubs that are in full bloom now and will last for the full three months during spring time here in Northern California. Luckily for me, my allergy is very mild and can be relieved by over the counter medications readily available. Here are some of the sources of pollens in my front and back yards, very pretty but not friendly to people who are allergic to pollens.




The white flowers of these pyracantha bush is loaded with billions of pollens

Roses from my Garden

So what is hay Fever: Hay Fever is an allergy caused by pollen or dust in which the mucous membranes of the eyes and nose are itchy and inflamed, causing a runny nose and watery eyes. When there’s a lot of pollens and dust you’re allergic to in the air, the IgE antibodies will trigger the release of chemicals from certain cells in your nose, throat and eyes. One of these chemicals is histamine, and as a result of histamine in your system, you’ll experience the symptoms of hay fever.

Common causes of hay fever include grass pollen, tree pollen, molds and fungi. The time of year can affect when symptoms are at their worst, with spring and summer being the seasonal peaks.

Enjoy the flowers, smell the roses and hopefully hay fever is not one of your allergies. Happy spring time to All!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...