Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Saturday, December 2, 2017

All You Want to Know About Skin Cancer but are Afraid to Ask

My mole/wart on my face looks like the one above but slightly bigger

Yesterday I went to see a Dermatologist at the urgings of my son and spouse worried of my mole/wart under my eyes that appeared to be growing might be cancerous. So two weeks ago, I went to the Urgent Care Center near us. The Center sent me home since they do not do dermatology and advised me to see my physician or a dermatologist. I immediately called my family physician and was able to make an appointment two days ago. She advised me to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist she referred me can not see me until February, so I googled a list of Dermatologist in our area. I was able to find one who saw me yesterday.

The last time I saw a dermatologist was about 5 years ago for a mole on my neck. It took me a 3-months wait to see him and I have to drive all the way to mid town Sacramento. The dermatologist I saw yesterday was only a 15 minute drive from our house. The charming dermatologist has also good bedside manners and his nurse is originally from the Philippines. He took the mole/wart under my eyes in less than one minute. It felt like a bee sting and it bleed for more than five minutes, but it is not cancerous after a biopsy. I felt relieved. Here's a video of symptoms whether a mole is cancerous or not.

https://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/video/mole-or-skin-cancer

For All you want to Know about Skin Cancer but were afraid to ask, read the following:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/skin-cancer.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...