Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

An Entertaining Comedy-Drama on Netflix-Club de Cuervos

 

I just finished binging on the 4 Seasons of the Spanish ( with English subtitles) TV series Club de Cuervos on Netflix. It was one of the most entertaining TV series I have watched this year. I will rate this as 4.5 Star out of 5.0 and highly recommend it to all even if you do not identify with soccer. Here's what Wikipedia says: 

Club de Cuervos, also known as Club of Crows, is a Mexican comedy-drama web television series produced by Gary Alazraki and Michael Lam.. Premiering with its full first season on August 7, 2015, it is the first Spanish-language Netflix original series. The story centers on the football club Cuervos FC, based in the fictional city of Nuevo Toledo, Mexico, and the power struggle that follows the death of its long-time owner and patriarch. Club de Cuervos stars Luis Gerardo Méndez and Mariana Treviño as two siblings who fight over ownership and direction of the team.

Scripted by both Mexican and American writers, the first season of Club de Cuervos was shot in Pachuca, Hidalgo. The series has received mostly positive reviews from critics, who praised the show's pacing and originality. It was renewed for a second season on October 28, 2015. The second season premiered on December 10, 2016. Season three premiered on September 29, 2017.

Summary:

The death of the patriarch from a distinguished family triggers a power struggle between the brother and sister over who will receive ownership and direction over of the family's treasured football squad: the Ravens New Toledo.
First episode date: August 7, 2015
Final episode date: January 26, 2019
 
Here's some of the Audience reviews
Profile image
Best show ever! Honestly, I have had the privilege to watch over dozens of series on Netflix over the years and I have to say Club De Cuervos has been my #1 favorite of all time. The dynamic relationship between the characters is amazing and I love the transitions ...

Profile image
I've seen all 4 seasons and I have to say, this is one of my favorite shows of all‑time. I don't speak Spanish so I watched the entire thing with subtitles and boy was it worth it! The acting is fantastic, In fact, they're all so good that it's hard to decide on a favorite character .

Profile image
I'm hooked. Smart writing and acting. Lots of interplay between story lines and background detail (physical scene background, as well as character). So well done. I'm on season 4 (paused to watch the 2 spin offs Yo, Potro and The Hugo Sanchez diversion, very funny).
 
The Haka Scene

I
n a sense, Club de Cuervos may be Netflix’s first “prestige” soap opera. Like other prestige television, the writing is sharp and the production is inspired, but like many classic soaps, certain characters may always remain somewhat two-dimensional and appear doomed to repeat their mistakes. This show is explosive, heart-wrenching, and funny.
 


  The HaKa-


Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my Christmas cactus, now blooming ( 4 months delay)



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...