Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, October 16, 2023

The Story Behind My T-Shirt, I Love Camiguin.

The Carl Weinberg Family-Susan Gave Me the "I Love Camiquin T-Shirt" from her Brother Alan

The above photo was taken during 2nd Annual Corn Hole Tournament Here at THD to honor the memory of Carl Weinberg-a long time resident here at THD. It was a beautiful & Fun day celebrating and remembering beloved Heritage resident Carl Weinberg with the 2nd Annual Carl Weinberg Memorial Corn Hole Tournament 💙 

My Unexpected Gift from the Weinberg Family Presented by Susan Last Friday Happy Hour. It was a "I Love Camiguin Black T-shirt from her brother Alan, who had visited Camiquin Island in his younger years.


Previously at the recent Corn Hole Tournament in Memory of Carl Weinberg, I have a few minutes of conversations with Susan and her brothers, Kevin, Alan and David. I learned that Alan had visited the Philippines before and I confirmed my Filipino ancestral roots to the Family . I forgot all of that conversation and behold Last Friday, Susan with her Mom on a wheel Chair gave me the T_shirt. -"I love Camiquin"( see photo above).


She said it is a gift from her brother, Alan. I was so surprised of this unexpected gift that I proudly wore it during the Happy Hour Event. Thank You Weinberg Family for the Gift! A gift that is unexpected I will treasure forever.
I have never been to Camiquin Island so I did some search and here's what I learned.


Camiquin Island in Mindanao is a land of friendly people, an island blessed with natural wonders. Majestic volcanoes, lagoons, lakes, cold, hot and soda springs, pristine waterfalls, white sandy beaches at par with the finest in the country, two beautiful islets lost at sea, and a seascape teeming with colorful varieties of marine life.
Camiguin is famous for its tourist spots like White Island, Mantigue Island, Mount Hibok-Hibok, and the recently-declared National Heritage Sites; the Bonbon Church Ruins, and the Sunken Cemetery. Although a booming tourist destination, Camiguin Island maintains its rural charm. It is one of the smallest province in the Philippines.

 Here's some information on Camiquin Island.


Camiguin Island reminds me of my second Home- The Beautiful Island of Marinduque

My Retirement Home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines, Chateau Du Mer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...