Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Have You Heard of the Sisters of the Cenacle?

St Therese Couderc-Founder of the Sisters of the Cenacle

Last month my wife and I attended the Golden Jubilee of Sisters Guia, Emma and Joyce of the Order of the Cenacle.

Sister Guia is my wife's younger sister. It was a very momentous and memorable event, reminding me of our own golden wedding anniversary celebration six years earlier. It was held at the Cenacle Convent in Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines. The event included a mass, renewal of vows and followed by a sumptuous reception attended by more than 400 guests. My wife and I were so proud to witness Sister Guia's golden jubilee as a nun for the Cenacle Sisters.

I am sure, that not too many of you reading this post know who are the Cenacle sisters, and their mission. The following information, I found in their website.

The Sisters of the Cenacle (full title: Congregation of Our Lady of the Retreat in the Cenacle) is a Roman Catholic Congregation founded in 1826 in the village of Lalouvesc (Ardèche), France. Their mission is threefold: prayer, community, and ministry. Their ministry is always focused on faith, whether it is retreats, spiritual direction, adult faith formation, or another form of spiritual ministry. It was founded in 1826 by Saint Therese Couderc and Father Stephen Terme. There are now congregations in 16 countries. There is a branch in the Philippines with convents in Quezon City and Davao. Their Generalate is in Rome and the North American provincialate is in Chicago. The North American novitiate is in Houston, while the pre-novitiate takes place in a local community.

The sixteen countries are: Australia ,Belgium ,Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, England, France,Ireland, Italy Madagascar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Togo and the United States.

Most of the nuns in the Philippines I know personally and six of them were my former colleagues at the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Q.C in the mid 1950's. I hope you support the congregation mission and its ministry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...