Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

THD Celebrates Filipino-American History Month Today

The day started with a Display in the Lobby. Three Items were Displayed: Wood Carvings from Northern Philippines, the cultural icon of the Philippnes- a mini jeepney and a mini native Filipino art in a Bottle ( see above photo).  

This was followed by Philippine Travel Talk at our Cinema


The Day culminated with a Special Filipino Dinner, planned several weeks ago. The following is the menu.


The milk fish ( bangus) will only be served at the Comets Room for my 12 special guests. 

Cod will be served to the rest of Residents, but the rest of the menu is the same;

Personal Note: THD is a five star rated active senior living community in downtown Walnut Creek, CA. It has currently over 160 residents. As far as I know, I am the only resident with Filipino-American Ancestry. 

THD has been celebrating FAHM month for the last three years with special Dinner and Program. Two years ago, I gave a talk about the Philippines.   

I am thanking THD Management under the able leadership of Acting General Manager, Jenny Shively. Kudos to Laura Gaither for initiating the Display. Kudos to Alexis for the Travel Talk.  

Last But not Least: To Joel Torres, Our Chef for the special Dinner Menu, that I will always remember.  

Related Articles on the THD Celebration of FAHM:

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2026/10/a-preview-of-our-special-filipino.html

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2026/10/some-hides-their-filipino-american.html

       

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...