Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, March 20, 2023

My Bone China is No Longer Needed But My Sterling Silver May be still in Demand

El Grandee By Towle Sterling Silver Flatware Set For 8 Service 55 Pieces

Price: $2,800.75

Original Price: $3,295.00 (15% Off)

https://www.silversuperstore.com/Towle-El-Grandee-Sterling-Silverware/departments/9087/

I have two items in my planned Estate Sale( April 7 & 8) that I believe have values-the Mikasa Bone China ( Service for 8) and the Towle El Grandee Sterling Silver Set for 12( 55 Pieces). I did some Google search and what I learned is in this blog.

Here's the latest article on why the younger generations no longer need bone china. The formal dinners are out. Instead Generation X loves Barbecue, Picnics and dine in plastic plates, cups and utensils.

"Acquiring a set of china isn’t the rite of passage it was decades ago. Some people still collect it, but nowadays it might not even end up on a couple’s wedding registry.

“More and more younger people don’t see the need to use their space for things that are ceremonial,” said Cecilia Jones, a personal organizer and productivity coach in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Neda Ghaffari , a 37-year-old San Francisco doctor who married last summer, opted to register for modern dinnerware she could use daily or for entertaining. China feels outdated, Ghaffari said, and difficult to maintain, as it normally has to be hand-washed.

“We didn’t register for china because we live in a relatively small condo in San Francisco and generally only entertain small groups at a time,” she said. “We also have limited storage space in our kitchen.”

Moving more frequently and living in tight quarters means people are less likely to accumulate things.

Deidre Bryant, a 32-year-old teacher from Aurora, Colorado, registered for off-white plates from Crate and Barrel ahead of her 2017 wedding. As for china, “the thought didn’t even cross my mind,” she said.

 https://apnews.com/article/china-lifestyle-ap-top-news-us-news-da40a8b9be12c3a734ab5862cc8c3a60 


 

Mikasa Academy bone china - 12 place settings plus serving pieces

Price: $1,350.00

Meanwhile here's a photo of my antique student desk with a secret compartment

that will be also on the Estate Sale.




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...