Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Your Month's Flower and Its Meaning

Today is March 1, but I am already thinking of June 1. The date is the estimated date of my downsizing move from my 4 BR,2.5 B (2177 sq. ft ) single residence and living alone to a smaller 2BR, 2 B townhouse/condo with all the Club Amenities ( social, physical, educational  etc...) with Dinah my oldest daughter and hopefully Batman & Robin.  I plan on hiring all professionals to assist me in this move, starting with selling my house, furniture and throwing all junk and accumulations to the Dump.  Wish me Luck! Today blog is about Flowers.   

The Latest Rose from My Garden-August 17, 2022

Rose is the flower of people born in the month of June. Do you know the color of this rose? Fuchsia or magenta?

I thought that my flower is poinsettia being born in the Month of December. I was wrong according to this article:   https://www.ftd.com/blog/celebrate/birth-flowers-what-they-say-about-you  But I am correct in the second article at bottom of the page.

Do you know your birth month flower and its meaning? If you do I salute you!

1. Long before email, texting, instant messages or even phone calls, people used flowers to communicate. The language of flowers — also known as floriography — was popular in the 18th and 19th century. While we now have more ways to communicate, the messages told with flowers are as meaningful today as ever. Each birth month flower has a unique meaning, and is sure to make the recipient feel extra special.

Month Birth Flower Meaning
January Carnation
Snowdrop
Admiration, love
Hope, rebirth
February Violet
Primrose
Modesty, faithfulness
Young love
March Daffodil New beginnings, prosperity
April Daisy
Sweet pea
Purity, innocence
Blissful pleasure
May Lily of the valley

Hawthorn

Sweetness, motherhood
Hope
June Rose
Honeysuckle
Romance
Happiness
July Larkspur
Water lily
Positivity, dignity
Purity
August Gladiolus
Poppy
Strength of character
Imagination
September Aster
Morning glory
Love, affection
Unrequited love, mortality
October Marigold
Cosmos
Creativity, passion
Peace, tranquility
November Chrysanthemum Loyalty, honesty
December Narcissus
Holly
Hope, wealth
Protection, defense

2. But according to the article below it is Poinsettia. So I am correct after all. See the photos below:


  https://jadorelyon.com/birth-flower/

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...