Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

My Younger Years and the Beach House in the Philippines

Miko ( our pet dog) and I getting ready for our one KM morning walk on the Beach, 2012    

One of the question I am often ask, during our meal time conversations here at THD, is whether I have plans to visit the Philippines again. My answer is I really do not know, because I will need help during International Travels. Moreover the Beach house in Marindiuque had been closed for more that 5 years now and my immediately family are all here in the US.  

Some of my co-residents here are urging me to host and sponsor a tour of the Islands and me as the Guide. They told me I will be a perfect Guide, since I know about the life and tourists spots in the Philippines. I wish I could, but my current situation is not conducive to international travel. Suffice to say, the thought of going back to the Philippines for a long vacation, reminds of our experience residing in Marinduque for 3 months in 2012. The first month we did not have household help except for the laundry woman. However, Macrine and I survived and here's our story.      

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2012/05/life-in-philippines-without-driver-and.html

The Beach House-Go Art- Chateau Du Mer

The Main House and Front Gardens

The Main House-After 5 Years of Only Weekly Maintenance instead of Daily Maintenance 




The last three photos were taken at night time with only the moon as source of light.  For Additional Photos visit:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello David,

I think it's wonderful that our fellow THD residents would love to have you set up a tour of the Philippines with you as guide! I agree that, with your knowledge and familiarity with Filipino culture and customs that yo would be perfect for such a role. However, I readily understand that your current health challenges preclude such an undertaking.

A number of friends of Caol and me have also strongly recommended the Philippines as a vacation spot for us, but, as in your case, my physical challenges and care needs militate against international travel.
Carol and I will be embarking on a 10+day trip to Maui in July to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We are really looking forward to it.

All the best,

John

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...