Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, February 23, 2024

Is Avocado a Fruit or Vegetable ?

Some of My Avocado Harvests from My Fruit Orchard Chateau Du Mer, Philippines 

When I was growing up in the Philippines my favorite ice cream is Avocado Ice cream.  I also enjoyed smashed avocado in condensed milk. So in the Philippines it is considered a Fruit.

However, when I moved to the US in 1960, I have Avocado in My Fish Taco and my Green Salad, so it is a Vegetable here in the US.     

So the Answer the Question is Avocado a Fruit or Vegetable, Read the following.

https://www.rd.com/article/is-avocado-a-fruit-or-vegetable/

You may be surprise of the answer. It is Both! 

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of avocados and other popular Fruits in the Philippines. 

 https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2021/11/some-of-most-popular-fruits-of.html

I have also an avocado plant in a pot now inside my apartment here at THD, but it will moved outside to my patio next Spring.


Here are other photos of avocados in my photo collection



Sprouting Avocado from Commercial Seed- Indoor in Fair Oaks, in my Kitchen Window

 
My Potted Avocado Plant in my bedroom here at THD

My Potted Avocado Plant In My Patio Here at THD 

Meanwhile enjoy Chinese New Year Here at THD

The Chinese Lunar Year Parade in SFO China Town will be tomorrow. Have you personally attended  an event similar to this Celebration?    

Final Note: A Resident told me "I like Avocado and I really don't care whether it is a fruit or vegetable". Can you write on a more serious subjects similar to your previous blogs about THD( suggestions for improvement) or is Biden too old to be President or Skin Hunger and other senior citizens issues.  I do enjoy reading your blogs, though and I am a loyal reader." 

My Response: I write on any subject that comes to my mind except on sex and religion and rarely on politics. 

Another Resident Reader: I do not like Avocado, It has no taste. 

I responded, Have you tasted Avocado ice cream or milk shake?   

U.S. annual avocado consumption 1985-2022That number has increased six-fold to over 2.7 billion pounds of the berry being consumed by Americans in 2022. Per capita consumption has increased from 2 pounds in 2001 to over 9 pounds in 2022.

Lastly, Here's my Quote of the Day: "The mind is its own place, and in itself.  Can make a heaven of hell,  and a hell of heaven"- John Milton, 1606-1674,  English Poet


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...