Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Suggestions for the Improvement of the Quality of Life Here at THD

Let me start by saying that this is Not a Complaint, But Just a Suggestion.  I am very Happy with my Living Conditions Here at THD. Again Congratulations to THD, A Place For Mom Winner of the Best of Senior Living Award for 2024.   

THD receiving the Best of Senior Living Award for 2024 from the "A Place for Mom" meant that majority of the senior residents and their families are happy and satisfied residing here at THD. 

However, there is no perfect place and there is always room for improvement. There are 109 residents here at THD based on the February phone Book. I have interviewed about 50 of them. My question was:

If you have a wish, what will you suggest to improve the well-being and quality of your life here at THD?

A number of the residents did not answer me right away. They said they are happy and will think about it. Most residents rated The Staff, a perfect 5, mentioned the great variety of activities, good food and excellent housekeeping and transportation services.   

Here are suggestions from some residents :  I am listing it in three categories as (1)Minor and Feasible, (2) May be Feasible and (3) May Not be Feasible because of High Cost and Infra Structure Inadequacy.

1. Minor and Very Feasible; 

a. Serve French Toast for Breakfast and Chocolate Drinks

b. Designate Additional Space for Meetings and More Games ( Billiards and/or Table Tennis)💥

c. Put signs in the Front Gate- the 3 other Addresses for each Building, 1725, 1745,  1765 besides the 1785 Address. 

A number of Delivery Persons are confused of the 4 addresses and just leave packages/Door Dash orders outside the Front Gate. Some of us are lucky if our packages are left in the Front Desk.  When my daughter visited me last year from Washington DC, I gave her the address of 1745 Shuey for the Fairmount Building. The Uber Driver dropped her at the Exit Gate at the back side of Fairmount. She had to walk several blocks with her luggages to the front gate. Needless to say, she was not too happy!  

d. A written history of THD from its start as a Condo about 30 years and its conversion to a Senior Independent Living Community with ratings starting on the average of 3 to its current rating of 4.5.   

2. May Be Feasible: 

a. Add Dance Lessons besides ZUMBA in the Activity Calendar

b. Schedule International Dishes or Soups Once a Month in the Newton's Menu 

c. Extend Lunch Times Another 15 Minutes from 11AM to 1PM instead of 12:45PM. 

d. Form a Resident's Council with two Representatives from each of the buildings and Chaired/Presided by the Resident Liaison or any Designated THD management Personnel.   This should be an umbrella group for the Greeters Program, Library Services and The Herald Newsletter and Activities run by Residents.  

3. May Not be Feasible Because of Cost and InfraStructure:

a. Improve Acoustics in the Newtons Dining Room and the Yoga Room 

b. Install Public Address System for Emergency and Special Announcements 

c. Install Generators for the Fairmount and Liberty Buildings for Power Outage Emergency

d. Install a Toilet in the Cinema

Let me reiterate for THD management: I am personally very happy here with my living conditions and all the amenities provided by THD. But again, there is no perfect place and there is always room for improvement.  Would it be excellent publicity if THD received a perfect 5.0 review ratings next year?  

Note: If you have other suggestions not listed here, please let me know.  I have talked to Teresa Nudo, our Resident Liaison  on the suggestions above and she said she will look into it and passed it to her superiors for evaluation.  As they say, to achieve your goal, one does not only Act, but also Dream ( or Wish). Again,  I thank Teresa for initiating a dialog with me about this blog. You are doing a great job as Resident Liaison.     

Meanwhile enjoy this photo of the Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi-Part of the Excellent Amenities offered by THD  

My Quote of the Day:   Old Age is not an illness,  it is a timeless ascent.  As power diminishes,  we grow towards the light- May Sarton, 1912-1995, American Writer and Poet  

💥Table Tennis (ping pong) will give me pleasant memories of my younger years at the Chateau Du Mer Beach Resort and Conference Center, Philippines

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...