Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Monday, January 8, 2024

Another Hectic Week of Activity Here at THD

The week of January 8 to 14 is another week of hectic activity here at THD as shown in the schedule above. I plan on attending 3 events on Tuesday, one event on Friday and 2 events on Saturday. Thanks to my recent gift( apple smart watch), Siri will remind of the events and I also placed it in my calendar.

My most hectic day is tomorrow, Jan 9 Tuesday starting at 11AM when I will play Chair Volley Ball. This is an activity I enjoyed very much and are still good with it. At 12:30-2:30, I will play bridge with 3 newcomers to THD and looking forward to it. Then a 4PM. there is a special meeting for those interested in helping with THD Resident Newsletter, the Heritage Herald. I plan in actively participating to this activity since I love to write.

On Friday, Jan 12 at 11AM, we will have a WWII for Japanese-Americans Presentation with a special guest at the Cinema. I am curious who will be that special guest. I love World War II history and have written an award winning essay on my Childhood Experiences during the Japanese-American War in the Philippines,1941-1945. 


On Saturday, Jan 13, I have 2 events I am looking forward to attend. The first at 11:15AM is lunch at Oishi Japanese Restaurant in Walnut Creek. The restaurant is famous for their Sushi but also served the classic Japanese dishes. The special lunch include a miso soup and salad and average price is around $16.  Here's the menu: 



The second event this Saturday is at 3:00PM. It is a Trivia Party with Sake Tasting at the Plaza Game Room ( formerly the Library). I love Trivia and also Sake.  I promise not to drink too much Sake as I like to win the Trivia Games. 

Finally, If you think you are getting old and living alone, you can still be happy, by participating in activities you love here at THD. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...