Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Thursday, January 4, 2024

Sway with Me- My Favorite Zumba Music Here at THD

Zumba is one of the activity that I love here at THD.  Sabrina Monahan our teacher vivacious personality and dancing skills, I will always remember.  Sometimes, I do not feel like it( aching knees and slight back ache), but forced myself because I like the music. Sway with Me is one of my Favorite Music with the Cha Cha beat. 

Sway with Me is my Favorite music during our Zumba and Happy Hour Events here at THD. Marsha and I can not help but dance the Cha Cha with the music even if my knees are aching that day. 


Here' s a little bit of history of this recording by Dean Martin.   This date in 1966 saw the release of 'The Best of Dean Martin', a compilation album of Dean Martin songs, released by Capitol Records (Oct 26, 1966)
NOTE: In lieu of a clip featuring Dean singing SWAY, I've colorized a dance scene to accompany the song - from the 1941 Hollywood musical comedy film 'You'll Never Get Rich' featuring FRED ASTAIRE & RITA HAYWORTH.
SWAY is about dancing, and being infatuated with your dance partner - Martin sings that when they sway together on the dance floor she is all he sees.
This song was written in 1953 as "Quien Sera" by the Mexican bandleader Pablo Beltran Ruiz. Norman Gimbel, who also wrote English lyrics for "The Girl From Ipanema," did the same for this song, which Martin Recorded.
Some of the popular singers who have recorded this include Bobby Rydell, Ben E. King, Michael Bublé and Cliff Richard. 
Martin's rendition was used on the TV shows House ("The Down Low" - 2010) and Masters of Sex ("Thank You For Coming" - 2013). It was also featured in the movies Small Time (2014), Sexy Beast (2000), Beautiful Creatures (2000), and Payback (1999).  

Here's a video of the Zumba with the Music Sway. Sabrina's Choreography is better than this one.    


Meanwhile here was my dessert at dinner last night- Panna Cotta with Berries

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...