Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Is Joe Biden Too Old to be Re-elected POTUS?

FRIDAY, JANUARY 5, 2024


When I started blogging in 2009,  I promised that I will not write on the subject of sex, religion and politics in my blogs. However, I feel that 2024 is the year I will break my promise. Thus,  this is may take on the subject whether Joe Biden is too old to be reelected POTUS.   

I believe that Joe Biden is still the best presidential candidate for this election Year.  He has done a lot for the betterment of the country this last 4 years. His record speaks for itself and compared to his most probable rival, the crazy DT, I will not hesitate voting for Biden again this November. 

In the article above written by Mark Barabak for the East Bay Times dated January 3, 2024,  several opinions from members of the Roosmoor Democratic Club were discussed in detail. Roosmoor in Walnut Creek is an active senior living community similar to my THD home.  Allow me to quote from the article.

" Biden is the oldest president in American history, making every day in office a milestone of sorts. He is attempting something never tried: Winning reelection to a second term that would end when he is 86 years old". 

This will be my last year to belong to the octogenarian club. Am I still mentally fit and has lost some of my cognitive abilities? On the contrary last year was my most prolific writing year and hopefully it will continue for this year 2024.  This is the year one of my blogs reached my goal of achieving more than a million page views. 

Excuse me, I am diverting on the subject of Biden reelectability because of his age. Back to the subject of this posting: 

I agree with most members of the Roosmoor Democratic Club ranging in age from 68 to 92 years that "Age is nothing Biden Should be Ashamed of."  Here are some quotes from the article ( see photo above)

"Some hailed Biden as the most successful and consequential president since Franklin D. Roosevelt, citing among others achievements, passage of the massive infrastructure bill and efforts to boost tech and rebuild the country manufacturing base".

"He's been politically brilliant in terms of domestic issues as well as on the international stage in how he was able to pull NATO back together as well as rally nations to support Ukraine". 

" He knows the facts. He has all the data. And if you compare him to that person who may running against him, who might also be in prison later, there's not even a comparison."

"It's not even so much doubts about Biden's cognition or physical stamina, rather it's worry over how others perceive him. In short, his electability".     

The seniors in the above article have an advice for 81-year old President: Lose the script and project your voice.

The following site is a list of over 80 top 20 most influential person in the US for 2020.                

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/12/80-over-80-most-influential-top-20.html

Meanwhile enjoys these photos of my dinner companions the last few nights here at THD. We are old but still mentally fit.  






Personal Note: If Joe Biden gets reelected, Ditas my youngest daughter will have another 4 years of Federal Government Service at the Bureau of Census, Department of Commerce in Washington DC. 


On the other hand if Biden is not elected, she will be back here in Sacramento ( close to me) doing her Consulting work and enjoy early partial retirement.  Lastly if you are eligible to vote next November, be sure to do it!  And I hope you reelect Joe Biden!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...