Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Sunday, January 14, 2024

Photos from Our Japanese Lunch at Oishi Restaurant

Saturday noon, 12 THD Residents (11F and 1M) went to Oishi- a Sushi and Grill Restaurant located at Newell/South California St only about 0.5 mile from THD. We were accompanied by Karen K with our helpful driver, Nancy.  My order of Shrimp Tempura Bento Box was excellent. The lunch includes miso soup, salad and hot tea. With tips, it cost $25. 

I took a few pictures during lunch and here it is for your viewing pleasure. I had a couple of shrimp tempura leftover and a bowl of rice that I took to my apartment that I consumed with gusto later in the afternoon. It was an excellent lunch with good company.  I enjoyed the outing in spite of the light drizzle and not a sunny day. 

This lunch excursion is a welcome change from our regular lunch menu here at The Newtons.  I suggest more lunch excursions to other ethnic restaurants be organized again by our Activity Directors.  There are several ethnic restaurants in downtown Walnut Creek that are at least rated 3 Stars.     ethnic restaurants in Walnut Creek, ca 

I have been to a Peruvian restaurant( Limon) and course to Creek House for Chinese Dim Sum.  The Thai restaurant located in the same outdoor mall with Oishi has been mentioned as one of the best Thai restaurant in Walnut Creek.  

In my Table, Sandi Green, Mary Ann Dewald, Gwen Corbett and Anne Long

In the second Table, Andi Shafer, Mary Reiser, Rebecca Said, Doris Rosen, Sue Rosenberg, and Barbara Hoffman.

Our Bento Boxes Lunch- Yummy!

Chopsticks or Fork?

My Shrimp Tempura Bento Box-Excellent!


Next Door Neighbor, Mary Reiser with her smile! Rebecca Said pouting!

The Three Sisters- Doris, Sue and Barbara

Doris, Sue and Barbara drove separately. The eight of us were driven to the restaurant via THD van  by helpful ( loading and unloading) Nancy.  

Miso Soup time- the Japanese Way!- NO SPOON!

In the 3rd table,  Vivacious Karen K and Helpful Nancy- Our Chaperon and Driver respectively

Mary Ann enjoying her garlic edamame and Gwen her miso soup-edamame is not for me!

For Menu and other details visit the website below:

https://www.oishisushigrill.com/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...