Welcome to Marinduque-My Island Paradise

If this is your first time in my site, welcome! If you have been a follower, my heartfelt thanks to you, also. Help me achieve my dream, that someday, Marinduque will become a world tourist destination not only on Easter Week, but also whole year round. You can do this by telling your friends and relatives about this site. The photo above is Mt Malindig in Torrijos. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on the infringement of your copyrights. Cheers!

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands

Marinduque Mainland from Tres Reyes Islands
View of Mainland Marinduque from Tres Reyes Islands-Click on Photo to link to Marinduque Awaits You

Friday, January 12, 2024

Did You Have Celebrity Encounters in Your Younger Years?

My Breakfast Omelet-a Friday Special- Jan 5, 2024

Patty Healy and Ed Hoffmann at our breakfast table- Jan 5, 2024. Not in the photo is CM. 

The other day, I had an interesting breakfast conversation with CM. She told our breakfast table with PH and EH that during her younger married years, she had an encounter with a celebrity-named Robert Redford. At that time Redford was not a very famous actor, was 18 years old and worked as summer intern at the El Segundo Chevron Refinery, cleaning oil tanks. Redford's Dad and CM husband were friends and coworkers at the Refinery. 

Young and Old Robert Redford- Photo Credit: Silver Screen Collection/Daniele Venturelli/Getty

Years later when Robert was now a famous Actor,  he send CM family his photo.  When CM 14- year old daughter saw the photo, she went "gaga" and wants to keep the photo for herself. If I were a teen-age girl at that time I am sure I will also go "gaga" with the photo of handsome and famous Actor-Robert Redford.        

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Redford

CM story reminded me of the four encounters with celebrities that I had experienced with my late spouse, Macrine, and youngest daughter, Ditas, during my younger years. 

This blog is inspired by our meal time conversation here at THD. 

The following four photos reminded me and my family celebrity connections in my younger years. 

1. President Bill Clinton-our guest speaker at the Asian-Pacific Heritage Month Celebration, 1994

Macrine and I ( inset) during Asian Pacific Heritage Celebration with then President Bill Clinton as our guest speaker, Washington DC, 1994. The photo showed Macrine's hand trying to have a hand shake with the President-Bill Clinton. I was a few feet away and did not join the melee. 

2. My Photo with the then Vice President of the Philippines, Gloria Macapagal Arroyo during the Rizal Day Celebration, Washington DC, 1998. Three years later (2001) she was elected President of the Philippines.


 3. A photo of Lea Salonga and my youngest daughter Ditas at a party my family attended at the  Marriot Hotel (1999) welcoming then former President of the Philippines Joseph Estrada ( 1998-2001) in Washington DC.    Macrine and I were on the adjacent table of Lea's Friends and Family.   

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2012/09/lea-salonga-singer-and-actress.html

4And last but not least, my attendance to a private birthday party for the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, with my youngest daughter Ditas who was at that time working for the Governor of California, 2003-2011.

Governor Arnold S. at his Birthday Dinner Party with Dave and Ditas, Walnut Grove, CA July 25, 2005

https://chateaudumer.blogspot.com/2020/08/governor-newsom-and-family-are-my.html


Meanwhile, enjoy these photos I took during Happy Hour Last Friday, Jan 5, 2024! 



Alexander and his daughter entertaining us at Happy Hour, Friday-Jan 5, 2024. They played and sang both listening as well as dancing music. Looking forward for their next gig here at THD.   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...